So a little while back, I received some cool news. HealthyLife.HappyLife informed me she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you Healthylife.Happylife!!
Apparently there are rules associated:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger – see above
- List some bloggers with less than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love! See just below this
- Let all of the bloggers know you’ve nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated to answer – see below the bloggers
- 11 random facts about yourself – see below below
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you – see below that
Here are the bloggers that I’m nominating:
- The Parrot in the Power Lines – she lives overseas (currently in Seoul). I don’t travel out of country much so I love learning about other countries. Because she lives in these countries she provides insight into culture and sightseeing that you wouldn’t pick-up on just travelling there for a few weeks. It’s very cool.
- Girl Runs Wild – Her blog name says it all! I love how we can connect with runners all over the world just through blogging and how even if we’re in different parts of the world we can relate to each others running experiences. I also like her writing style and sense of humour.
- A Fast Paced Life – she lives in New York and does all these cool New York things, plus runs in tons of races (even as a zombie) and in tons of cool places. Her race recaps make you feel like you were there with her. Plus, who doesn’t want to live vicariously through someone who lives in New York?
My questions to you bloggers (noted above) should you choose to accept are:
- If you could live anywhere in the world (don’t be practical) where would you live?
- What is your favourite hobby/pass-time?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- Dog or cat person?
- Provide 4 words that describe you.
- What is your favourite food?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done (planned or by accident)?
- What is your favourite post you’ve written (please provide a link)?
- What is your favourite band/singer?
- Who is your favourite author or do you have a favourite book or both?
- Why do you blog?
Alrighty, so 11 random facts about me…
- I don’t eat red meat (except sometimes buffalo jerky).
- I have really straight teeth and have never had braces to get them that way.
- I eat the same thing for breakfast every day (oatmeal with frozen blueberries).
- I could eat the same food for all my meals day in and day out (mostly because I’m lazy).
- I prefer tea over coffee (except I like coffee after a long long run).
- I have no tattoos.
- I have more running clothes and jackets than work clothes and jackets (I often just dress up my running clothes with work shirts and jackets as a result).
- I hoard chapstick and lip balm and have one in every jacket pocket, purse and room in the house so there are probably over 40 chapsticks kicking around this place.
- All my pets are rescues (3 cats and 1 dog). The one cat has to live in the shop as she hates other cats and prefers to live alone.
- I absolutely cannot watch scary movies, they freak me out, but I’ll walk in the woods in the dark, go figure.
- I eat way too much red liquorice.
Now, to answer the questions provided by healthylife.hapylife…
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I find myself in funny predicaments and I feel compelled to share those stories. I was also hoping my folks would read my blog and get a sense of what I was up to, but they haven’t figured out how to follow me yet.
2. What is your favourite post you’ve written? Provide a link!
Probably one of my “earlier” blogs – On a Whim. I think I’m missing summer activities as we’re in the thick of winter (it was -38C here yesterday).
3. If you could be trapped on an island with any famous individual, dead or alive, who would it be?
Hmmm, so many cool people. I think I’d have to go with the Dalai Lama. He’s just so spiritual and kind and wise. Or maybe Prince.
4. If you and said individual could one have one food on your island, what would it be?
That’s tough because you need a food with everything you need in it (carbs, protein, fat and fibre and stores well), so I’d have to go with brown rice, plus I don’t know if the Dalai Llama eats meat.
5. What motivates you the most?
People who don’t give up regardless of physical challenges they’re faced with. That always reminds me to be grateful for being healthy and having the ability to run around whenever I want. Never take your health for granted. Kobi also motivates me, about three times a day, to walk, run or ski with her.
6. Chicken or the egg?
7. What is your favourite form of physical activity?
Running of course – not counting this year’s New Year’s Day run though.
8. What is your least favourite form of physical activity?
9. What is one skill you’ve always wanted to learn?
I can’t dive (into water) and I really want to learn how to dive properly.
10. What is your favourite childhood memory?
This memory stands out and I think it’s funny. I was riding on the handlebars of my older brothers bike and we had found an old boot. He told me throw the boot as far as I could while he rode the bike while I sat on the handlebars. I was about 5. I threw the boot, but went with the boot and skidded across the gravel road on my face. My brother was convinced we were going to get in serious trouble so I was not to tell mom. I had a huge swollen lip that was bleeding so of course mom would notice. When we got home she asked what happened and I said “nothing”. That’s all I remember. I think this one is my favourite only because I can remember it so vividly (up until telling my mom nothing happened).
11. What scares you?
Scary movies, wolves, velociraptors, and vampires.
Ta da – done!