Lately I’ve been feeling overwhelmed by the lack of spare hours I seem to have in a day. By the time I get home from work, walk the dog (or run the dog), do some general tidying up, make my lunch for the next day (very important), make dinner, eat dinner, then do some more clean-up, it’s time for bed!!
This doesn’t even factor in cross-training, washing the floors, picking up the mail, buying groceries, or cleaning litter boxes. I can’t imagine if there were kids in this picture!
I’ve decided that in order to do all these things relatively stress-free, I need to clone myself. Wouldn’t that be awesome?
Here’s what I need for clones:
- One that does the house-work, runs errands, watches some television to keep me up to speed on good sitcoms and what’s going on in Hollywood (and the world), as well as plays with the cats and dog
- A chef clone that does the cooking, baking, grocery shopping, lunch-making, and plays with the cats and dog
- An exercise clone who would do all the exercising: running, swimming, biking, walking the dog, weight training, etc (I think I want to be this one)
- A clone that is a chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist specializing in sports medicine, and an investment specialist (we all need one of those)
- One of us would work full-time in order to cover the costs of our running obsession as well as eating habits and of course just to stay in touch with the outside world
- And finally, a spare clone to pick-up where the others might need help and to fill in if someone needs a sick day.
In my bizarre fantasy, we’d all get together at the end of the day over some nice herbal tea and chat about our day(s).
Okay, don’t over think this as you’ll ruin it and of course don’t even begin to consider the moral rights issues, I’m trying to keep it light.
Well, time to go walk the dog, tidy up the house, clean the litter boxes, make my lunch, make some dinner, clean-up some more…
Let me know how you fit it all in? Do you prioritize or run anyway and deal with the messy kitchen later?